Your guide to crime prevention – Home and Garden Security
Protect your Garden
- Maintain hedges and fences to prevent unwanted visitors from entering your garden
- Close your garden gate and lock it from the inside
- Store bins and ladders carefully so they can’t be used as climbing aids
- Store tools and equipment somewhere secure after use so they don’t get stolen or used to break into your home
- Secure sheds and garages with suitable locks and consider fitting shed alarms and security lights
- Disable lawn mowers and other large machinery when not in use and chain items together or to a solid anchor point
- Security mark valuable items – taking photographs and recording details such as serial numbers and identifying marks can also help to identify items if they get lost or stolen.
- Consider registering valuables on a property database such as www.immobilise.com
For more detailed information please visit the Kent Police website: https://www.kent.police.uk/
PSE 59727 Andrew Judd, Volunteer & Neighbourhood Watch Liaison Officer, for South East Kent Police.